The Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) is designed to allow students to shadow, volunteer, and explore the healthcare environment while completing a checklist of experiential learning experiences in their own time. Students will be assisted with finding placements at local healthcare organizations that will allow them to develop their skills, network with professionals, and solidify their interest in pursuing a career in Health Care.
The 2019 Summer Enrichment Program will be held June 17th-August 2nd, 2019. Our application is now live!
The application process this year is 100% online! All application components must be submitted by Friday, February 15th, 2019.
- Read the eligibility requirements below and make sure that you fit the requirements.
- Click the next button below and complete the form. If you are under 18, a consent form will be sent to your parents via email for completion. This form MUST be completed by your parents for your application to be marked as complete. Students 18 and older will receive a link to the consent form in their email.
- Links to the recommendation form will be sent to your recommenders upon submittal of your application. Make sure to communicate with those you have listed as a contact prior to submitting your application so that they know that the link is coming.
We will inform students of acceptance into the program by March 4th. Students will have until April 26th to pay the program registration fee of $35 and submit their site name.
This program is for high school and undergraduate students. Students interested in participating in this program must be age 15 by June 1st.
Applicants are required to:
- Be in good academic standing.
- Have a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in a specified healthcare field.
- Understand that ALL internship sites will be located within counties included in the specified AHEC’s region with an exception to Upstate college students (Upstate AHEC counties included in the region are listed here).
- Understand that the application process for the Upstate AHEC Summer Enrichment Program is competitive. Submission of this application DOES NOT guarantee acceptance into the program or enrichment opportunities.
- Understand that additional forms and fees are required if accepted to attend the Summer Enrichment Program.
- Inform parents/guardians of possible acceptance.
- Provide transportation to the internship placement site and/or the drop-off and pick-up locations for the Summer Enrichment Program if accepted.
If you have questions about the application and/or the program, please contact the Health Careers Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.