The Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) is designed to allow students to shadow, volunteer, and explore the healthcare environment while completing a checklist of experiential learning experiences in their own time. Students will be assisted with finding placements at local healthcare organizations that will allow them to develop their skills, network with professionals, and solidify their interest in pursuing a career in Health Care.
We will host a virtual Summer Enrichment Program July 19th – 30th, 2021. More details will be announced soon.
This program is for high school and undergraduate students. Students interested in participating in this program must be age 15 by June 1st.
Applicants are required to:
- Be in good academic standing.
- Have a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in a specified healthcare field.
- Understand that ALL internship sites will be located within counties included in the specified AHEC’s region with an exception to Upstate college students (Upstate AHEC counties included in the region are listed here).
- Understand that the application process for the Upstate AHEC Summer Enrichment Program is competitive. Submission of this application DOES NOT guarantee acceptance into the program or enrichment opportunities.
- Understand that additional forms and fees are required if accepted to attend the Summer Enrichment Program.
- Inform parents/guardians of possible acceptance.
- Provide transportation to the internship placement site and/or the drop-off and pick-up locations for the Summer Enrichment Program if accepted.
If you have questions about the application and/or the program, please contact the Health Careers Program Coordinator at email@example.com.