Health Careers Summer Enrichment Program
SEP is an integrative summer internship program where students shadow, volunteer, and explore the healthcare environment. After facility approval, students complete a checklist of experience throughout the summer on their own time. The flexibility of the program allows students to enjoy their break while still developing as a professional. Completion of the Summer Enrichment Program awards students with the Upstate AHEC Internship Certificate.
Become a participant
The 2018 Summer Enrichment Program will be offered June 25th, – July 20th, 2018. There will be a mandatory Orientation held on June 19th, 2018 from 9 am-1 pm at Upstate AHEC. We will also host a graduation ceremony for program participants on July 24th, 2018.
Applicants are required to:
- Be in good academic standing.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in a specified healthcare field.
- Understand that ALL internship sites will be located within counties included in the specified AHEC’s region with an exception to Upstate college students (Upstate AHEC counties included in the region are listed here).
- Understand that the application process for the Upstate AHEC Summer Enrichment Program is competitive. Submission of this application DOES NOT guarantee acceptance into the program or enrichment opportunities.
- Understand that additional forms and fees are required if accepted to attend the Summer Enrichment Program.
- Inform parents/guardians of possible acceptance.
- Provide transportation to internship placement site and/or the drop-off and pick-up locations for the Summer Enrichment Program if accepted.
Interested students are encouraged to apply by May 25th, 2018. We will notify students that have been accepted into the program by June 6th.
Application Form and Supporting Documents:
Letter of Recommendation **Will need to submit two letters of recommendation.
ALL sections of the application must be completed. Please submit your application documents along with a check or money order in the amount of $25 to:
Attn: HCP Summer Enrichment Program
104 South Venture Drive
Greenville, SC 29615